Monday, April 12, 2010

Faded Memories

To My Once Best Friend of Six Years:
I was thinking about how close we use to be when we were in elementry school. We spend endless days at my house in my basement going down my slide. We kept lists of Mary Kate and Ashley Oslen books that we haven't read yet. We would play hide and seek in my closets and we even created a club. We made up stories and went to the park to do what every child does. We even went to summer school together. Your parents knew my parents and my parents knew yours. We promised that we would remain best friends forever even until high school. We believed it and whenever people asked we say proudly that we've been friends for a long time and that we'll continue to be friends for a long time. We called each other all the time, I knew your number and you knew mine. People always asked us if we were sisters or cousins because we went to school tgoether. We even had the same hoodies! You've made me cry and I made you cry, we were as close as can be. But everything comes to an end. The slide in my basement is no longer there because I grew out of it. That is like our friendship, we went to different middle schools. In 6th grade during spring break I remember you came over. This was the last time we would hang out. I didn't expect it to be though, and expected that next year you'll come too. But that was our final good-bye. We stopped being best friends not because we fought but because we just simply grew apart from each other. We went from being best friends to simply friends on facebook. I can't help but think of the could've beens. But I know that even though we're no long friends that we'll both store the memories of when we were friends in our hearts.