Friday, October 2, 2009

Staring is Rude

I've always hated when people stare at me. It makes me feel all awkward and makes me worry since there has to be a reason you're staring at me. But we all stare at others at one point of our lives, I mean I do it. It just annoys me when someone purposely stares at you and makes it very obvious that they are staring that you.
Such as today, in Tri honors our teacher has a habit of calling on you if you don't talk a lot in class. I'm one of those people who hates to participate since I hate getting things wrong. So she puts up this problem on the board a line that passes thru point (4,5) parallel to the x-axis. I knew the answer but I couldn't explain the slope or anything so I was hoping she wouldn't call on me, but its just my luck that she does. So I'm trying to figure out something and I begin to notice people turning around to look at me. The girl in front of me wisphered the answer to me but my teacher scolded her for doing so (I felt so bad. T_T") But I was still flumbing over the answer even though I sort of heard her. That is when I notice half the class had turned around to stare at me. The reason I knew they were staring at me was because I sit all the way in the back so its pretty obvious when people are staring at me especially if they sit in the front. In the end I blurted out the answer and she moved on. I was so annoyed, I mean by them staring at me it was like they were putting more pressure on it, and I don't really see the point of staring at someone when they are trying to give an answer.

3 comments:

Emina said...

yeah, it's totally rude. i mean, if they were at our place, they surely feel the same thing too. i used to be called by teachers when i was 12 and answered the questions on black board. i hate doing that, so yeah... but then, you need to think back. this thing will help you improve your social skills. and i believe you can do it =)

Connie said...

They were looking at you with hope in their eyes that you'd continue wasting more class time :3 or, they just wanna finally hear what you sound like; compared to your image xD

*sigh* Joann, you're actually a loud person when you want to be ;P

Connie said...

Thank you for the birthday wishes :3

Oh, but so many Asians I know have fish xD One of my relatives raised hers for like 10 years; they're huge!